A. There are a lot of ways to adult. One of the ways to do this is to go online and to listen to a 17-year-old makeup guru tell you how you should adult:
- spend less time online watching videos
- don’t procrastinate, exercise more, eat less, set goals, accomplish them
- all of these things are simple; just put your mind to it! xoxoxo
- don’t listen to the monkey inside your head that tells you that you should have fun
Personally, I think that if you think that there’s a monkey inside your head, learning how to adult is the least of your concerns.
B. I think that another helpful way to adult is to boost your self-esteem.
- The 1980s drive to raise low self-esteem in schools backfired. Why? Well, it was based on the idea that low self-esteem can be successfully treated by a bombardment of “positive messages”. But research has shown that positive affirmations actually worsen the mood of people who already have low self-esteem. ~Mark Tyrrell
That’s why I suggest the following book:
Or filling your life with art like this:
There, don’t you already feel better?
C. Be helpful and kind. Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
D. Listen to your mother and always wash your neck. Ring around the collar is a bitch. And embarrassing if someone sees it and concludes that you haven’t been washing your neck.
E. If you ever consider quitting your job, don’t. Get a job lined up first before you quit your present job. Because remember this:
F. If you ever get really, really sick with a chronic illness, the only one who really cares about you is your mother. No one else really loves you that much that they would truly give a damn. Or stick with you for any lengthy period of time. Unless they could somehow profit off of you.
G. Instead of your parents scheduling your doctor’s appointments, you just avoid going and hope you don’t die.
H. Always, always have an attitude of gratitude.
- For example, I want to say a big, heartfelt
to all of my readers. I know my posts have become more cynical and perhaps hard-to-digest, or even confusing as of late. I just wanted to thank you all for sticking around to read, comment, follow or like.