I got nominated for this award by a fellow blogger and successful author Pearl Meaker!
I had this to say about Pearl in an earlier blog entry in which I thanked several of my followers individually (I think on or near the occasion of my one-year blogiversary):
“I am simply gobsmacked that a real-life author visits my blog! Just to have you here reading and commenting is truly very very cool. I always wanted to be a real-life author, and it’s super that I have one following me! Thank you Pearl for your many words of encouragement, wisdom and amazing insights. Your presence here is truly appreciated.”
This nomination reminds me of the time I created an award out of thin air and nominated, then awarded it to, only one person! I called it The Blogword Academy For Exceptional Thought Award. Doesn’t really roll off the tongue, does it? I’d say this Mystery Blogger Award works a lot better in terms of my being able to remember its name, and its ability to connect people to one another.
The Mystery Blogger Award
The creator of this award, Okoto Enigma, says:
“I decided to call the award “Mystery Blogger Award.” Why? Because the meaning of my name, “Enigma” is “mystery.” So basically, it’s named after myself; the creator. Plus, I think it’s cool because there are so many blogs that are still a mystery to us; and when we get to know them, it’s divine! And we find friends where we least expect.”
I’m unsure if “the divine” is something that might be experienced by the person who gets to know me or who reads my blog. Perhaps the casual reader of my blog might experience “cognitive dissonance” or an “existential crisis” instead. I know that my Aunt, upon reading my very first few blog entries a little over a year ago, was concerned that the police might show up at my door, suspecting foul play. Perhaps to haul me away for questioning. A funny story. Unfortunately, completely true.
Rules for Mystery Blogger Award
- Put the award logo/ image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best posts
Three things about me:
You asked for three. You’re getting 9. I like to break rules.
- I didn’t know how to tell time until I was 13 when I learned to tell time in French.
- I like big butts and I cannot lie.
- Sadly, my parents chained me to a very large rock and only allowed me to wander out into the garden to forage for vegetables during mealtimes, and kept me in a cage so I could do homework, never have fun, or get pregnant.
- I never did get pregnant. Like, ever.
- Every night I dream about my teeth falling out.
- I never wear underwear. I feel underwear is extraneous.
- I’ve never held a handgun.
- I wanna hold a Koala bear.
- I caught one fish in my whole life. It was a small rainbow trout that I knocked out with a bolt tied to a fishing line. Not even kidding.
The bloggers I’m nominating are:
Please do give these wonderful writers a visit!
And to my nominees – I hope you all found your nomination comment from me on your blog and that you’ll join in on this award. 😊
Pearl’s Five Questions for Me
- Does your blog have a theme? If yes, why did you choose that theme?
The blog is called the White Padded Room. I’m not sure about a theme – other than the blog is simply an outlet for my inner landscape. Which resembles Vancouver most of the time. Overcast, chilly, raining. It sure isn’t an outlet for my inner peace and joy – if we’re trying to nail down a theme!
- Where is your favorite place to go for a vacation – or where you would like to go if you could go there?
I would really love to visit “The Shire” in New Zealand – where the Lord of the Rings “Hobbiton” was filmed. Did I spell Hobbiton correctly?
- Has your favorite subject in school stayed a part of your life? (As in, if it was art do you still do art things? Music – are still playing or singing?)
I loved English – and I guess you could say I am still writing – on my blog. I also loved music, and I never stopped singing. I have classical training in piano and voice, and I play the violin terribly. Now, the violin has no strings and I do “air violin” in my YouTube videos!
- When was the last time you played a board game or a card game using real cards? (FUN QUESTION)
A few months ago I played a game our family calls “Nertz.” It’s like solitaire but two people playing it at the same time with the aces lined up in the middle.
- Do you read to relax? If you do, do you have a genre that is your go-to relaxation genre?
I do not read to relax. This is unfortunate. It’s something I’m working on, as I burned out in University doing reading that was definitely not geared towards relaxation.
- Share a link to my best posts:
Oh boy. Well, what I think are my best posts and what someone else might think are two entirely different things. I’ll try linking my most popular ones. All are poetry, one is my version of Rossini’s Duetto Buffo di due gatti (Cat Duet).
Here are five questions I have for my nominees. They are, of course, random, ridiculous, and silly. You don’t have to answer all of them.
- What is 9+3(4*1239)(43)(68) – 7? You must answer this question to get into heaven.
- What is your ethnic background? If you need to, go back 10 generations or provide a family tree. Or just provide your best drawing of a tree.
- What is the longest time you’ve been sick with the flu?
- What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- Please provide a link to your best posts!
Thanks everyone! Also, I am sorry to 2 of my nominees. I tried to find areas on your blog posts where I could comment and let you know that I had nominated you, but, perhaps I am completely blind. It’s a good thing I know how to type without looking at the keyboard. So, there’s that.
xo Marlies Vonn